In our study on page 25 there are two questions to ponder.
1) What has stood out to you so far from this week's chapter?
What stands out is He chose me! Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us.....(the really cool part)to be holy and blameless in His sight(the more difficult part to grasp).
Romans 3:23 tells us we all fall short of His glory, so I certainly didn't deserve to be chosen, while at the same time it is true for those who belong to Him we will share in that same glory. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:17
2) What did you do yesterday to glorify God?
Although I was unsuccessful with options one, two or three on page 24, the Holy Spirit does have me striving to be holy and blameless in His sight. This is not a have to be good feeling, but rather a desire to be set free to live for His glory, to know the joy Jesus gave us. As I learn to better understand and delight in His glory, it will become more natural to live in such a way in which His glory begins to wear off on others.
good stuff Rickey. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to review this evening!!
ReplyDelete