Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two Are Better Than One

I have been reading Max Lucado's book Out Live Your Life. One of the chapters ended as follows and it reminded me of what God is wanting to do with us in our Communitas.

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
(Eccl. 4:9-10 NIV)

Below is the closing prayer from that chapter:

O Lord, I have been called to be part of a holy community. You did
not call me in isolation but placed me in the body of Christ, along
with every other believer in Jesus throughout the world in every age.
Let us grow as a team, work as a team, worship as a team, weep, laugh,
and live as a team. Grant me the wisdom and the strength to partner with You
and with my brothers and sisters in Christ. For Jesus' sake and in His name I
pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment