Saturday, February 5, 2011

What tomorrow may bring

This morning, my family received an email that told us that Susan Owen, administrator for our kids school, Round Rock Christian Academy, passed away in her sleep last night. This was very shocking for many in the school and for our girls. We don't know the cause of death yet, but do know that she is with the Lord experiencing more than words could describe.

This really reminds me that we truly don't know what tomorrow may bring. Good things, sad things, boring things, or exciting challenges. We have no way of knowing what will come each day, but we know and worship the one who does. The school administrator passing away was no surprise to God, just to us. Likewise, each thing that happens in our lives is not a surprise to God, only to us. When tough or sad things happen, it doesn't change God, it changes us.

So, I am also reminded of how short life is and how God is orchestrating things in our lives to the praise of his glory. So when I pray for my fellow co-workers, I am somehow working within God's plan to bring more worshipers to him. To the praise of his glory! Also, timing is not in my control. Living, breathing, dying, speaking, believing - are all things that God controls, not me.

Please pray for me that I would speak joyfully and boldly to my co-workers, in his timing, about the goodness of God and the gift of his son.

Roger

1 comment:

  1. Roger, I am sorry to hear of this untimely and unexpected loss; we will of course be praying for all who have been touched by this event. We will also pray for you and your efforts at evangelizing and discipling your co-workers; for His glory! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete